3 Questions for 3 New Faculty Members

Posted by on January 22, 2013

At Minnesota School of Business-Richfield, we strive to bring our students the very best–from career opportunities to faculty members. This week, we’d like to introduce you to three of our newest faculty members. 

paralegal program online

Meet William Borchers. This quarter, William is teaching Foundations of Math II.

What’s your story: I am an attorney with over 35 years of experience, practicing primarily in the area of commercial law, including contracts, real estate, employment law, civil litigation and other business law. I am also an arbitrator and mediator. During my career, I have practiced law with several different firms and also served as general counsel to a large regional mortgage banking company, senior counsel to a major bank, and corporate counsel to a major corporation.

I grew up in the Twin Cities and obtained my BA in economics from Northwestern University and my J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School. I joined Minnesota School of Business as an adjunct faculty member in 2010, first teaching in the paralegal program.

I am married to a teacher, and we have four grown children and four grandchildren.

Something you do for fun: I enjoy playing softball, volleyball, and golf.

Fun Fact: I am a certified sports official in soccer and women’s lacrosse.

nursing degree program
Meet Ico Ahyicodae.
This quarter, Ico is teaching Composition.

What’s your story: I am a writing tutor on both the Minneapolis and Richfield campuses. For the past few years, I have taught Composition and Foundations of Writing at the Minneapolis campus. This will be my first quarter teaching at the Richfield campus, and I am excited to be here! I graduated from Hamline University with my MFA in Creative Writing.

Something you do for fun: I enjoy reading and writing, and I am working on a novel of fairy tales.

Fun Fact: My cat, Naki, can do a variety of tricks.

Meet Folake Adelakun. This quarter, Folake is teaching three courses in the nursing degree program: Nurse as Provider and Coordinator of Care, Care of the Child Bearing Family, and Nursing Foundations.

What’s your story: I am originally from Nigeria. I obtained my Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery at Lagos University Teaching Hospital before coming to America in 2011. I obtained a BSN at Bethel University in St. Paul, and an MSN/MBA at University of Phoenix. I have worked in hospitals, long term care facilities, and homecare as a public health nurse and as a nurse educator before joining MSB.

What do you do for fun:  I enjoy singing, acting, and reading.

Fun fact: I am currently a Doctoral candidate at Augsburg College, and I hope to get done this year.