Paralegal Student Envisions Path to Law School

Posted by on December 5, 2012

At the Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center campus, we love to highlight current students who have been nominated by staff and faculty as individuals who have shown extra effort both in and out of the classroom.  The students have their picture and a short interview hanging on the wall near the student lounge. In November, we highlighted a massage therapy student.  Now, we would like to highlight our second student who is in the paralegal degree program.

paralegal degreeTeeda Sisombath is a paralegal student on campus, and she was nominated by Kofi Montzka, paralegal program chair.  Montzka said the following about Sisombath:

“Teeda always gives 100% to everything she does. She turns in every single assignment, is always in class, and is always on time. She takes constructive criticism well and works hard to improve. She has a positive attitude and is willing to help. For example, I did a presentation about the paralegal program to high school students, and Teeda volunteered to speak to the students. Teeda, in her first quarter as a paralegal student, volunteered at a law firm to get experience. She constantly goes above and beyond and is a model student.”

Sisombath said the following in her question/answer session:

When is your scheduled graduation date? Spring 2015

Why did you choose Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center? I chose MSB because it is the perfect school that fits my schedule.  I am able to go to school, work, and have time to spend with my daughter.  Even if I was not able to attend a night or day class, I have the option to take online classes.  If I do not prefer to take online classes, then I am able to go to another campus to attend the class that I need.  MSB is very flexible.

What is your favorite thing about attending and going to class at MSB-BC? My favorite thing about going to and attending classes are the teachers.  They really care if you succeed or not.  They are willing to help and make sure that you receive the help you need.

What are your post-graduation plans/goals? After MSB, I hopefully will have a job as a paralegal.  I want to work and then take a year off from school.  After that, I really want to go to law school at the University of Minnesota.

What are you involved with away from school? Every once in a while, I volunteer at Feed My Starving Children with the youth group at my church.

If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why? If I could go on vacation anywhere, I would go to Japan.  I love site seeing, eating, exploring, and seeing different attractions.  I want to see the palaces and homes of former emperors.  I want to see Mt. Fuji and misty clouds.  I want to eat real authentic Japanese food and drink some Saki.  I also want to see the lights and what Japan really has to offer.  They are famous for their electronics, anime, cars, and models.  I want to learn and see everything there.