Massage Therapy Student is Student of the Quarter

Posted by on November 27, 2012

Matthew Ford is a massage therapy student at the Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center campus. Recently, he was nominated by Stephanie Petersen, massage therapy program chair, and Diana Oberg, a massage therapy adjunct instructor, as the student of the quarter.

Each quarter, the campus highlights two current students who have been nominated by staff and faculty for showing extra effort both in and out of the classroom.  The students have their picture and a short interview hanging on the wall near the student lounge.

Petersen and Oberg said,  “The massage department was excited to recommend one of our own for this quarter’s highlighted student. Matthew Ford will be graduating during winter quarter 2013, with his massage diploma and plans to come back for his associate degree. Over the course of his education at MSB, he has shown commitment and enthusiasm in his classes, studying, and with his peers. He asks questions that demonstrate his true desire to learn, and he readily participates in activities. He prides himself in being the person who makes his classmates smile. Clients consistently give him positive reviews for his massages, and we are excited for him to enter the field. We are so proud of his hard work and love that everyone in the program knows who he is. Congratulations, Matt!”

Ford said the following in his question/answer session:

Why did you choose Minnesota School of Business – Brooklyn Center? I chose MSB because it is close to where I live, and this school has the program I was looking for.

What is your favorite thing about attending and going to class at MSB-BC?  I enjoy going to class here because of the class sizes and the staff members.

What are you post-graduation plans/goals? When I graduate, I plan on coming back to get my degree.  After this, I would like to come back to school again to pick up another career choice.

What are you involved with away from school? I help to take care of my nephew as well as help to coach my little brother’s football team.

If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why? If I had unlimited funds for my vacation, I would travel all over the world.  I would travel to the mountains and to the oceans.

Next month, we will highlight our second student of the quarter!