Faculty Spotlight: Laurie Haj Ashab

Posted by on November 21, 2012

My name is Laurie Haj Ashab, and I have been teaching keyboarding as an adjunct faculty member since April 2009 for Minnesota School of Business Online. On Sept. 29, I traveled with my husband from Maine to Wisconsin to attend the graduation ceremony of two former students, Bonnie Jo Gillmeister a paralegal graduate and Louise Krmpotic a business administration graduate.

No words can express what it was like to meet Bonnie Jo and Louise for the first time and how rewarding it is to work with them and have the opportunity to attend their graduations. Both Bonnie Jo and Louise worked very hard to complete their programs and I am very proud of each of them.

There were many other highlights to my trip, such as eating cheese curds for the first time, being welcomed to our campuses and taking a personal tour of the La Crosse campus.  My heart was filled with joy when I saw the La Crosse campus for the first time. It was like I came home.

The opportunity to meet Bonnie Jo and Louise was amazing and I am so thankful. Even though I teach online and do not see my students, I am so fortunate to be able to develop long-lasting relationships with them.