Bill Clinton to Massage Student: ‘I’m Very Proud of You’

Posted by on November 20, 2012

massage therapy, Bill Clinton, Minnesota School of Business

Massage therapy student, Keith Lammers, had a chance to meet former President Bill Clinton recently.

Former President Bill Clinton made a trip to Fargo, N.D., to drum up support for a North Dakota Senate candidate, and Minnesota School of Business massage therapy student Keith Lammers wanted to see him speak. Not only did Lammers make his way into the crammed Fargo Civic Center for the event, he also had a chance to meet the 42nd President of the United States.

Wearing his Minnesota School of Business massage scrubs, Lammers had a chance to briefly speak with Clinton, telling him his story about going back to school to re-invent himself.

“I told him it was an honor to meet him and that I was doing what President Obama said to do,” Lammers said. “Go back to school, get re-educated, and get a better job.”

Clinton responded to him saying, “I’m very proud of you, that’s great.”

“I told him I was proud of myself because it has not been easy,” Lammers added.

President Clinton then made his way down the line to other spectators, but hearing those encouraging words certainly made an impact.

Lammers, age 60, is certainly not your traditional student. After working many years in the banking industry, Lammers lost his job in Arizona, moved back to his hometown of Moorhead, Minn., and went back to school. Now in his fourth quarter on campus in the massage therapy program, Lammers is proving it is never too late to start a new career.

“It was such a pleasure to meet President Clinton and then to get the chance to briefly speak with him was incredible,” Lammers said. “I got emotional and having the chance to tell him my story meant even more.”