It’s that time of year again for reflection and review, when we all look back at accomplishments and successes and look forward to what’s ahead in the New Year.
At Minnesota School of Business-St. Cloud, we begin this annual period of reflection on Veterans Day—acknowledging and honoring the service and sacrifice of our military students and all veterans who came before them. We also take a glance at the year in review, marking the ways we recognize and include veterans in our college life and community.
- MSB hosted a free screening at a local movie theater of ACT OF VALOR—a true story of Navy SEALS–for all military students and alumni as well as veterans in the surrounding community.
- MSB sponsored and helped organize a Veterans Issues educational conference in partnership with the Central Minnesota Warrior to Citizen Initiative, a Beyond the Yellow Ribbon organization. Speakers included: State Representative Tim O’Driscoll, Veterans Services Committee; Annette Kuyper, Director of Military Outreach for Veterans Affairs; Chaplain John Morris, National Guard; Mike Mathies, VA Justice Outreach; and Larry Shellito, Commissioner of Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs.
- MSB-St. Cloud and corporate staff participated in the Welcome Home Ceremony for returning Red Bulls from Afghanistan at the River’s Edge Convention Center. Among the recipients of their welcome: Nate Burdick, Financial Aid Representative from Plymouth.
- MSB-St. Cloud and Elk River campuses help sponsor Family Day at the St. Cloud Armory for a returning Army Reserves unit and their family members. Massage therapy alumni gave complimentary chair massages at the event.
- MSB-St. Cloud hosted Warrior Resource Day on campus with 15 participating organizations, including the National Guard, VA Hospital, Veteran Service Officers and the Mobile Vet Center.
- Massage Therapy students attended patients at the VA Hospital with massage sessions.
- MSB-St. Cloud sponsored Military Night at the St. Cloud Rox baseball game.
- Community Manager Tami DeLand volunteered at the Welcome Home event for returning soldiers at River’s Edge Convention Center, welcoming home two active MSB students.
We are grateful and proud to say thank you to these men and women!