A Royal Saturday Night for Young Princesses

Posted by on November 16, 2012

For the second consecutive year, staff and faculty at Minnesota School of Business in Blaine were invited to volunteer at the City of Blaine Princess Party. The party is for children ages 8 and under, and activities included crafts, nail painting, games, bingo, dancing, refreshments, and photo opportunities with Belle and Cinderella.

Jessica Ackerman, Minnesota School of Business-Blaine safety and security coordinator, Sara Croft, veterinary technology program chair, and Sara’s two children were among the volunteers at the event, ensuring all activities ran smoothly for the 175 children in attendance.

“This was a great event for little princesses,” Ackerman said.

Croft added, “The Blaine Parks and Recreation Department does a fantastic job providing entertainment and activities during the Princess Party.  I thought that all of the activities were wonderful for the age group. I enjoyed watching the girls dance. The cartoon BINGO was a hit with prizes that the girls loved.  All of the little ‘princesses’ were so adorable and it was a truly magical night for all.”

One young volunteer, Rachel, age 11, said, “I thought the princess party was totally adorable and very fun. I definitely want to do that or something like that again. It was very fun working at the BINGO table and it cracked me up when we told the princesses to pick one prize and they took one of each.  It was also fun watching the princesses’ dance.”

Another volunteer, Andrew, age 13, said, “I thought that the princess party was fun, loud, and crazy.  I enjoyed volunteering at the bingo table.”