Hired on the Spot at Microsoft Gold Partner

Posted by on November 9, 2012

Accounting student Mataya Heisler landed an internship that will likely land her a job after graduation.

Implementation Specialists President Deb Sletmoe has been trying like crazy to find talent for her company during the last few months. It involved hiring recruiters to search for candidates, but still no applicants were found. She decided to take matters into her own hands and started calling local colleges in the Fargo-Moorhead area. One of those calls was to Minnesota School of Businessin Moorhead.

“I left detailed messages that we were a gold partner with Microsoft hiring for interns to full time (employment) asap with colleges everywhere,” Sletmoe said. “MSB was the only one that called back.”

Business program chair Rochelle Roesler spoke in detail with Sletmoe about students and sent over an applicant named Mataya Heisler. Heisler is pursuing her bachelor’s degree in accounting at Minnesota School of Business.

“I cannot tell you how excited I was when we received the first applicant and then to be so impressed with the first applicant that we hired her on the spot,” Stetmoe said. “That shows a lot about your school and the students that are there.”

Heisler will start her internship in November with Implementations Specialists and will be doing accounting work.

“It’s a little scary, but it’s also very exciting,” Heisler said. “I think there is a future for me there.”

“We are looking at growing her position while in school to a full time career when she graduates,” Sletmoe added.

Sletmoe has also agreed to do mock interviews on campus in the near future in hopes of landing more students as well.

“We are still hiring, we need people who love technology, business, accounting, human resources, payroll,” Sletmoe said. “So please send more applicants my way.”