Congratulations to Star-Studded Chamber Award Winners!

Posted by on October 16, 2012

Minnesota School of Business Staff Recognized by St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce

The St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce recently held a Star-Studded Celebration at the Kelly Inn in St. Cloud to honor leadership volunteers. Minnesota School of Business-St. Cloud Campus Director Jim Beck and Career Services Representatives,Tammy Hansen and Jessica Ward, were recognized at the event.

Jim Beck, Campus Director

According to the Chamber’s website,
the Star-Studded Celebration is held annually to honor “the many contributions of Chamber volunteers, strong business leaders in Central Minnesota who make the St. Cloud area a better place to live, play and work.”

Jim Beck serves on the Board of Directors for the St. Cloud Area Chamber and was honored as the “Each One Reach One” leader for membership. Beck secured four referrals to the Chamber this past year and has a lifetime referral total of 28 members.

Beck says he is always active in membership because he believes the Chamber does such a great job with small businesses. “I’m not afraid to talk to people I meet and refer them. I don’t do anything so out of the ordinary,” he maintains. “I explain the importance of networking.”

Tammy Hansen

Tammy Hansen was recognized as the Chair of the VIP (Value, Information & Promotion) Committee from 2011-2012. The group meets monthly and contacts other chamber members to thank them, update their information and inform and invite them to upcoming events.

“The Star-Studded [celebration] was a great event; it was nice to be recognized for the three-plus years I have put into the VIP Committee,” said Hansen.

Jessica Ward was also recognized as the Chair of the Volunteer Committee, which is responsible for finding volunteers for Chamber events and committees. The Volunteer Committee also calls all new members to thank them for getting involved with the Chamber. 

Ward is proud of her participation. “I love the benefits the Chamber gives to MSB and our students, and I love that I help make that happen!”

The St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce reflects businesses in five surrounding communities: St. Cloud, Sauk Rapids, Sartell, Waite Park and St. Joseph, Minnesota.