Whether you are graduating soon or just starting your program at MSB, career fairs are a great way to network with employers and learn about job opportunities in the community. We will have around 20 companies represented at the fair, and they are excited to meet MSB students! The general public is invited to attend as well, so make sure to tell your friends and family. The event will be held on Monday, October 15 from 11-1:00pm.
Here are 5 ways YOU can be successful at the fair:
1. Know the companies that are attending the fair.
Luckily we have compiled a list for you!
- TLC Metro
- Guaranty Bank
- Pro Staff
- Massage Retreat and Spa
- Affiliated Emergency Veterinary Service
- Mall of America
- Farmers Insurance Group
- Banfield Pet Hospital
- Securitas Security Services
- Biolife Plasma Services
- Massage Envy
- Office Team
- Minnesota School of Business
- Wells Fargo
- Physical Therapy Consultants
- Moorhead Communications
2. Do your research. Employers like to know that perspective candidates have done their research and know a thing or two about them. Check out their website and read up!
3. Bring copies of your resume! It’s always good to have resumes on hand so you can directly hand them to employers. Make sure your resume is current and formatted well. The Career Services staff is here to help, so feel free to stop by and we will review it for you.
4. Act professional. This event is a GREAT opportunity for students, so please make sure you are acting professional. Consider dressing up if you are able, and make sure to engage the employers one on one and not just your friends.
5. Collect business cards and follow up. If possible, try to collect business cards or contact information from employers. If you do, be sure to follow up with a thank you letter within 24-48 hours. This is simply out of courtesy and it may make you stand out in their minds.
Don’t miss out on this exciting once a year career opportunity! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Career Services Department. Feel free to email me at email@example.com.
See you there!