Business Student Appreciates Applied Learning Experiences

Posted by on October 2, 2012

Minnesota School of Business in Moorhead celebrated 21 new graduates with a ceremony at the Courtyard Marriott in Moorhead. Business degree student Draper Harlow was among them. Harlow earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Management and was selected to deliver the student keynote address for the ceremony. He spoke of how applied and service learning played a critical role in his education.

Minnesota School of Business-Moorhead business student Draper Harlow

Minnesota School of Business-Moorhead business student Draper Harlow delivered the keynote address at the recent graduation ceremony.

“I was fortunate enough to work on four different plans for four separate companies in the area while I was attending MSB,” Harlow said. “This is an opportunity more business students can only dream of.”

Harlow finished 28 credits in his final quarter, while working fulltime and serving as public relations officer of the campus business club.

He ended his speech by coming up with his own lyrics to Carly Rae Jepsen’s hit single ‘Call Me Maybe’. “If anyone’s hiring, I don’t know you and this is crazy, but I just graduated, so hire me maybe,” Harlow said.

The speech can be seen in its entirety below.