Tyler Shepard, IT Program Chair, offers students several updates:
“Hello and Good Afternoon IT Students! I wanted to share with you some information that was provided to me from our Richfield IT Association as well as some Brooklyn Center news.
RITA, also known as the Richfield Information Technology Association, welcomes you to their organization. If you are interested in learning more, check out their page on LinkedIn.
RITA has been given an opportunity by Hennepin County to participate in a pilot program called Hire Wire (https:/stacknology.com/). MSB has been selected as one of the first schools to which this new program is being offered! I HIGHLY recommend you take advantage of this opportunity to get in on the “ground floor” of this program.
HIRE WIRE FACTS:
- This program facilitates connections between candidates and recruiters using interactive social networking applications and mobile devices.
- 24 graduating nurses from the Richfield campus have uploaded their resumes and created profiles on Hire Wire’s recruiting website.
- This is an excellent, effective and painless way to actively network with employers.
- Hire Wire can be used to find both full time and part time work.
- YOU are eligible to use Hire Wire. It makes no difference whether you have just started or will be graduating soon. All IT students are invited.
Richard Grieman, Richfield’s IT Program Chair, has seen an interactive presentation of the most effective, coolest job board concept he has ever seen. He says:
- Hire Wire will be the FIRST job board used by Minnesota employers and recruiters by the end of the year, I am convinced. It can be used by employers and recruiters on their smartphones, which means they can search without using a computer.
- You can upload resumes, portfolio information and pictures and job interests.
- Hire Wire is FREE to use by employers. Monster and Careerbuilder can cost $40,000 dollars for employer use. Hire Wire will be free, easy to use, and contain much more information for the employer.
- This is the future of job boards.
- There are currently 26 large companies in the Twin Cities area using Hire Wire, and more are signing up to use it every day. Small and medium size businesses, those companies who do most of the hiring, are excited to use HIRE WIRE.
IT Student of the Month!
You may have noticed that the IT bulletin board has changed. This is for a new program, entitled “IT Student of the Month” where we represent those students who are doing well in the IT program. These students display character, scholarship, and leadership traits – i.e. helping classmates, consistently adding to class discussions, etc. Students are nominated by IT instructors. When a student is selected, they will be featured on the bulletin board and through the blog.
If you have any questions or if I can be of any help, let me know!”
For more information about the IT Program at the Brooklyn Center Campus, please contact Tyler Shepard at 763-566-7777.