What Keeps You Going?

Posted by on August 16, 2012

A post from guest blogger, Celina McKenzie, Massage Therapy Program Chair:

I have been asked many times, “What keeps you going?” and “Why do you teach massage, when you have such a love for performing massage for your own business?”

My reply is simple and usually the same, “I love seeing the twinkle in a student’s eye when they finally understand what I’m teaching.”

Massage Program Chair Celina McKenzie

That’s not the only reason though.  I also believe that there is so much healing that needs to take place, and I’m only one person. There is an abundance of people out there who need massage and bodywork and a shortage of massage therapists. I can only help so many of them, but when I teach others how to use their hands to heal, together we can make a larger impact.

Although these two items keep my motivation level up, the most rewarding and most motivating thing is when I hear of the successes of past students.

For example, I recently received a message from a graduate who shared with me that she was invited to provide massages to performers backstage at the upcoming Fire Fest in Cold Spring!  Guess who one of the “performers” is.  Yes, Dierks Bentley.

As if I wasn’t excited enough for her and proud to have helped her enter the massage industry, she ends her email with, “I LOVE my job and YOU for having been my instructor!” At this point, I’m crying with joy.

These simple thank you notes have been coming my way for the past 6-7 years, and it
never gets old. It only refuels my heart tank and keeps me going.

If you are ready to enter one of the most personally rewarding careers there is, I would love to talk to you about Minnesota School of Business’s Massage Therapy program!

You can reach me at cmckenzie@msbcollege.edu or stop in to the Elk River campus at 11500 193rd Avenue Elk River, MN.