The Truth As We See It: Truth Will Prevail

The Truth as We See It: Truth Will Prevail

Here’s Dick Anderson’s latest blog regarding the power of the truth

Would you believe that I have been in a death match over the past week with a fierce competitor that I had assumed I would just blow away. You see, as my students know, my fatal flaw is that I believe that I am just flat out smarter than everyone. So how can my competitor even be in this game? Every move I have made has been thwarted and countered.  Every device I have used has been neutralized or minimized for virtually no advantage. This has been a serious blow to my ego. Egad, how can my foe with, according to me, a brain the size of a walnut consistently out think, out play and outsmart me? Trust me, I have bested some of the best and brightest competitors, but this tenacious adversary just keeps coming and coming.   No matter what I have done to prevail, this guy’s crystallized cognitive (for non-MSB students, learned life experiences) skill is stupendous!

So by now you saying, I’ve lost it! Probably true!  But if I don’t win this competition –
students, there will be he** to pay. However, more directly, what does this have to do with business or the economic world around us? Well, it struck me those individuals that don’t have brains bigger than walnuts, continue to survive and thrive in the world of, dare I say, politics. What makes it even worse, is that these pea-brains can flat out lie to us and not even bat an eye.

I spent yesterday, Sunday, listening and reading what are politicians have to think about everything from how many Big Macs I should eat to how I really did create and grow my businesses. Now, I am not going to drift into a political discussion between parties or belief, because this issue is universal. It is like an infection that you catch when you say that you want to be a “politician”.  NOT A SINGLE ONE TELLS THE TRUTH, as I see it. The smoker was right, “Trust No One!”

Students, what happened to our ethics, values and smarts?  Where did we go into the ditch and allow people we have selected and entrusted with representing us, to just be stupid or bold face lie to us?  I don’t mind when you caveat your statement by, I believe…, but they don’t! They speak as if we are the idiots because we don’t get what they are saying. They have the unmitigated gall to tell us “it is too complicated”.  They have all become my nemesis. No matter what you throw at them, they zig and zag and get around it. Dear lord, have I not been punished enough by my current foe?  No matter what I throw at him, he has an answer that befuddles and confuses me!

Here are just a few of the best from the last week: 1) Job Creators Don’t Build the Economy, Government Spending Builds the Economy!  Gee, how many ways can I thank the government for my success – wait I know – give them all of my income, NOT! 2) “…Today we have two Vietnam’s, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace.” OMG did we stop teaching history and geography! and I love 3) “We routinely conduct surveys about important health issues to learn more about them, particularly those that kill which are serious health issues,” You betcha – also reinforces that dead people can be polled and probably vote as well.

So what are we to do: Get smart ourselves – question everything thing – come to our own conclusions – use facts (positive economic statements) not heart (normative) statements – look beyond the moment and see the possibility!  In this way, we will best any competitor. Truth will always win out – always!!! Hard work and fair play shall prevail!

Oh, by the way, I have this bird feeder that this pesky squirrel (my opponent) has consistently been able to reach and eat the seed intended for the weak and suffering – birds. My competitor has been able to defy what I would have argued impossible. This squirrel sits in my back yard and stares at me as if to say, “Is that all you got!” Much like our politicians.  I will prevail!

Post script: Roast squirrel sure is tasty!!!!