Hello! My name is Shawn Kremer, and as the Student Services Coordinator at Minnesota School of Business-St. Cloud, I would like to be among the first to welcome you to campus.We are glad you are here!
As a first quarter student, you may be both excited and overwhelmed. I’d like to take this opportunity to give you some tips on making the most of your experience here.
- Get Involved. One of the best ways to succeed in college is to become a part of its culture. Get to know your instructors and fellow students. Join a student association in your field of study. Volunteer on behalf of MSB. Participate in campus events like Job Fairs, Workshops and Lunch and Learn seminars.
- Be Proactive. Plan for your success ahead of time! Attend classes. Ask questions. Schedule study time. Establish a relationship and communicate with your instructors and academic advisor.
Check your student email, Facebook postings, Campus Connect, the front monitor and even Twitter for campus updates and information.
Listen to the advice recent graduates have for you:
- “Study hard and do your best. Ask for help when you need it. Don’t hesitate.”
- “Be confident. Do your best. Know that hard work will pay off in the end.”
- “GO TO CLASS! Your success is based on what you do yourself. Show up and pay attention.”
I am located in the new Resource Center in room 109 and I invite you to drop by with any questions you may have.
Hoping you have a great quarter,
Student Services Coordinator