Meet John Pereda, College Representative

Posted by on June 29, 2012

Life is an adventure, living and exploring what is thrown at you; this philosophy has gotten me through life.

My name is John Pereda, (pronounced parade-ah) and I grew up most of my younger years in Winona.  Upon finishing high school, I served 6 years in the United States Air Force traveling all over the country and world.

I then returned to Minnesota and attended RCTC for Nursing, and worked at St. Mary’s Hospital for about seven years in the Neuro ICU then the Generose building in psych.  This brought an interest in human behavior, so I started graduate school for education and completed a Master of Science Degree in Education and Counseling in 2007 from WSU.

During this time I worked at the Winona Middle School in Safety and Child Protection Social Worker for Winona County. Upon completion of my Masters my family and I moved to Hibbing for a job as a School Counselor for Hibbing High School and Lincoln Elementary.

I am a father of four children and have been married for nine years to my best friend Dawn.  I enjoy camping, fly-fishing, snowboarding, taking the boat out, volunteering, and anything else that involves my family.