Student Spotlight: Toni Eishen

Posted by on June 28, 2012

By Steve Hirsch, Accounting Program Chair

As the Accounting Program Chair at the Minnesota School of Business, Blaine campus, I have come to appreciate the extra effort and time that some students put in at school. One such person that I would like to recognize is Toni Eishen. Toni is in the Bachelor of Science, Forensic Accounting program, and is very active on campus.  She is a student worker in our book store and library, and even has worked at our front desk.  Along with these duties she goes the extra mile by tutoring students in accounting and college algebra.  Her tutoring has impacted the lives of the students she works with.  I have noticed a change in the student’s outlook and grades in my accounting class after they’ve started working with her.  I can tell that their confidence improves and notice that during their sessions that they both are enjoying themselves.

Toni said this about her experience: “While I have been a student in the Accounting Program at Minnesota School of Business in Blaine, I have had the opportunity to be both a student worker and an accounting tutor.  As a student worker I have been able to get to know my fellow students and faculty. As an accounting tutor I have kept my accounting skills sharp, which has aided my success in other classes.  The road has not been easy, but I know that it is worth it and the people I have met at school have helped me succeed.”