Meet Carol Berteotti Instructor at MSB-Rochester

Posted by on June 28, 2012

A few questions for Carol Berteotti.

What department do you teach in?  I teach in General Education.

How long have you been teaching?  This is my first quarter here but I’ve taught for more than 20 years.

Where did you attend college?   My undergrad was U of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.  My Masters  was at U of Michigan, Ann Arbor and further grad work toward Ph.D. was back at U of IL.

Why did you get into teaching?  Actually, I kind of meandered into teaching during grad school.  Teaching helped pay for school.  Then, I realized I enjoyed it–bonus! 

What did you do prior to MSB-Rochester?   I did, and still do, marketing and technical writing for Northern Micrographics, a firm in La Crosse, Wisconsin.  Northern digitizes and microfilms materials for libraries and organizations.  Prior to that, I was a co-owner of a marketing firm in Onalaska, WI.  I also taught at University of Wisconsin – La Crosse and Western Technical College, among other things.

What is your favorite color?  Purple is my favorite color.

What is your favorite movie?  Favorite movie?  Not one in particular, really. But I’m fond of the old screwball comedies with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn.

What is your favorite quote?   “Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, “Oh crap, she’s awake.”