A few moments with Shawna Hermann

Posted by on June 14, 2012

Shawna in her own words, “I was born and raised right here in Rochester, MN. I participated in the PSEO program and graduated high school with my Associates in Liberal Arts and Science Degree from RCTC. From there I moved into the work force and worked for a small local company who asked me to relocate to St. Paul, MN to do sales for them. In the meantime, I started taking the nontraditional route and went through St. Mary’s University to complete my Bachelors of Science in Business Marketing. I took a position in sales for a large insurance company in Minneapolis, while I worked to gained great sales experience. I realized that I wanted to continue my education with my Masters of Arts in International Business. I found a job that would work much better with my schedule and that would allow me to go back to the non-traditional full-time work and full-time school. I worked in sales for Paychex Inc. for the past year and a half while I finished my Masters in International business. After graduating with my masters in January of 2012, I was ready to relocate back to Rochester for the small town aspect and because my family and fiancé are here. I am excited to be a part of this team at Minnesota School of Business.”