The rack server gives Blaine’s I.T. students the opportunity to get “hands on” experience in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting issues on production server equipment. The rack server is located in Lab 208.
Paul has demonstrated troubleshooting techniques on the server, including:
- Demonstration of common problems on the system(s)
- Students spend lab time solving these problems
- Typical problems include:
- software configuration issues
- missing passwords
- unconnected/misconnected devices
- malfunctioning devices (Paul has a collection of
- improper BIOS settings
The server is an HP server with two Intel Xeon quad cores (total of 8 processing cores), running Microsoft Server 2008 Release 2 and Hyper-V, with 20 GB of RAM. The rack also includes two 24-port Cisco routers and two 24-port Cisco switches.