The Applied Learning Infographic

Posted by on June 4, 2012

By Kristen O’Connell- Dean of Faculty*

The Applied Learning Infographic is a Great Visual to Show “We Care” in Action

applied learning

Each step in the applied learning process creates an experience that the student will be able to use in their current or future careers. Students will be combining classroom application, service learning, global applications and workplace applications with the rigorous preexisting course content. This combination will create a first-hand educational experience where the students will be able to implement their course concepts into real world applications.

The aforementioned applied learning concepts will not only help students to become more engaged in their online courses, but help them to succeed in mastery over their course objectives in their chosen degree program.

* My educational background includes a B.A. with a double major in Psychology and English from Gustavus Adolphus College and a Masters in Business Administration from Minnesota School of Business. Currently, I am working on my dissertation at Walden University in their Doctorate in Education program. My degree emphasis is Higher Education and Adult Learning.

Currently I serve as the Dean of Faculty for the online divisions of Globe Education Network. I have been an online business instructor for GEN since Spring 2007 and have worked in Academic Delivery since October 2009.