Thank You from a Community Partner-Junior Achievement

Posted by on May 21, 2012

MSB-Shakopee staff and faculty pose in Grainwood Elementary’s gym, prior to teaching lessons.

Editor’s note:  This letter of thanks was written by Jill Gilbert, Senior Program/Volunteer Manager for Junior Achievement, Upper Midwest. She was so pleased that 31 MSB-Shakopee employees were able to teach 376 students (grades K-5) 80 age-appropriate lessons. The Junior Achievement motto is “Unlock a Lifetime of Potential in Just a Few Hours.” The idea is to expose students to financial literacy and career aspirations. Staff and faculty donated 102 hours of volunteer time. What a great way to show “WE CARE”!

THANK  YOU for making a difference in the lives of the students at Grainwood
Elementary  – THANK YOU for taking time out of your busy schedules to share the Junior Achievement program with these students – THANK  YOU for sharing your experience and showing you care enough to spend your valuable time with them. 

You were able to teach students life-skills they need to be better workers, consumers and citizens.  It is through hands-on, experiential learning that key concepts such as financial literacy, workforce readiness and entrepreneurship are experienced in these classrooms.
On behalf of Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest and most importantly, the
students you served at Grainwood Elementary, I want to express my sincere appreciation for your investment in the future of our students.  It is only through your involvement in Junior Achievement that we can continue to bring our programs to the students in our community and inspire them to achieve a future where their dreams can become a reality.

I heard wonderful comments from the teachers and the students.  I saw amazing learning occurring in the classrooms.  You were fantastic volunteers!

Please give me your comments, feedback, or suggestionson your experience, it will help us better prepare other volunteers and teachers for future JA-in-a-Days. I would truly appreciate it. 

Again, I would like to thank you for your commitment to the students in the classroom.  Your support is a testimony to the value of our work, ensuring the success of our young people in an ever-changing, global economy.

Jill Gilbert  Senior Program/Volunteer Manager, Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest

MSB-Shakopee staff and faculty pose at the end of the day.

Says Melissa Faue, Director of Career Services, “Jill thank you so much for the opportunity!  This has been by far the best volunteer experience I have ever been involved in.”