Sixteen MSB senior nursing students presented original work at the Bethel University 2012 Nursing Research and Practice Symposium. This year’s theme was “Ending Life Well”. MSB students worked in groups to create professional quality posters exploring six research questions as part of their course, RN 403: Nursing Research and Evidence Based Practice.
Poster subjects included:
- Music Therapy in Hospice: Lowers Cost, Improves Quality Emily Danmeier & Lindsay Jirik
- Improving Pediatric Pain Management Through Nursing Education Gabe Thomas, Emily Holm, & Sarah Kaiser-Schatzlein
- Families at Bedside during Resuscitation: Making It Holistic, Family-Oriented Brittany Mueller & Laura Staloch
- Chewing Gum to Prevent Postoperative Bowel Obstruction Megan Buckentine, Melissa Gaul, & Nicole Robertson
- Smoking Cessation after a Lung Cancer Diagnosis Courtney Schneider, Tina Roos, & Kelly Stangler
- Formalized Education and Pulmonary Artery Catheters Molly MacLean, Jake Sanderson, & Katie Theisen
This is the beginning of a new annual tradition: MSB is proud to join nursing students from St. Olaf College, Gustavus Adolphus College, and Bethel University to present each year at the annual Bethel University Nursing Research and Practice Symposium.