Veterinary Support Personnel Network (VSPN) is offering a great continuing education opportunity for veterinary technicians and veterinary technology students. This course is an online learning opportunity through VSPN. It will be offered on Tuesdays: May 8, 15, 22, and 29, 2012 from 8:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. Registration for this course is now open. This is worth six continuing education credits, and is being offered for FREE!
Are you a Professional? The way you look, speak, act, and interact with others at work
influences how you are perceived as a representative of one of the fastest growing professions. This course will provide information and interactive discussion to help further your career and tools to accomplish your professional goals. After defining and exploring the concept of professionalism, we will discuss the specific aspects of ethics, practice acts,
communication, utilization and career development.
This course consists of four ninety minute Real Time Sessions, supplemental
library materials, interactive message board discussions, a mandatory
end-of-course test, and may include online multiple choice quizzes (after each
Real Time Session). Successful completion (scoring 80% or better) on the
end-of-course test is required to be considered for a course certificate of
** The lecture portion of this course will be an audio presentation. Please be
prepared to listen.
Upon completion of
this course, the participant should be able to
- Understand and define professionalism and describe what makes a professional.
- Discuss and understand veterinary ethics and how they apply to our profession.
- Explain the relevance of state veterinary practice acts to professional veterinary technicians.
- Determine and define the level of practice and roles of veterinary health care team members.
- Develop a professional resume and cover letter.
- Understand the importance of presenting yourself professionally in a job interview.
- Develop professional written and oral communication skills.
- Understand the directions your career as a veterinary technician can take you.
- Extrapolate the importance of memberships to professional organizations.
Link to the course: http://www.vin.com/ce/TECH150-0512_VSPN.htm