Written by Amber McCollow, Financial Aid Representative
To complete your FAFSA online, you’ll need to make sure you have your Federal PIN number. If you’ve lost it or forgot it, this is how you can retrieve your PIN in less than a minute.
- Just visit www.pin.ed.gov and click on “Request Duplicate PIN” from the menu on the left.
- You will be asked for your social security number, first two letters of your last name, and your date of birth. Then click “submit request.”
- You’ll then be asked to answer your challenge question. This is the question you
answered when you originally applied or activated your PIN. Please note that your answer is case-sensitive and must be entered exactly as you originally entered it.
- After submitting your answer you should be given the option to have your PIN mailed, emailed, or displayed immediately. Choose “Display Now” and click submit.
- You will then be shown your 4-digit PIN number. Be sure to print it or write it
down. Even better, try to memorize it so you don’t need to go through these steps again!
If you have any questions or trouble retrieving your PIN number, please feel free to contact a member of the Financial Aid staff. We would be happy to assist you!