Ryan Hoyme – We Will Miss You!

Posted by on March 12, 2012

With much sadness we say goodbye to Ryan Hoyme; instructor, mentor, colleague and friend. Ryan has worked for Minnesota School of Business for 10 + years. He has decided to close this chapter of his life and start writing a new chapter with the next leg of his journey. He will be leaving us at the end of this quarter.

Ryan has taught a countless number of students how to be excellent massage and body work therapists. He has mentored multiple instructors as well. His website massagenerd.com has been an excellent resource for students and instructors alike over the years and will continue to be the “go to” website for years to come.

Please join me in bidding a fond farewell to Ryan. I would ask that you share your memories and thoughts about Ryan by adding a comment to this post. Let the story telling begin!

10 years ago I started with the school as an adjunct instructor. I was wet behind the ears when it came to being a massage instructor. I remember that it was just a few days before the start of the quarter and I needed help! I didn’t know where to start and low and behold Ryan said I can help you and don’t worry you will be fine. He said “I have a few things that will help you prepare, here you go.” A “few things” was a box overflowing with papers and texts and reference materials. He was my savior! I never could have taught that first class without Ryan’s help.

I will forever miss Ryan’s boisterous laugh. Take care Ryan and don’t forget about us, because we certainly won’t forget you!