Six DECA students from Minnesota School of Business in Blaine will compete at the International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Salt Lake City, Utah April 20-25. The students qualified after their competitions at the Career Development Conference (CDC) February 21-23.
Thomas Monson, Breanne Nelson, Josh Nelson, Jason Bednar, Jennifer Senger, and Faamati Winey attended the CDC, and all will advance to the ICDC in Utah. The Blaine chapter was recognized at CDC for receiving the Chapter Diamond Passport Award and also for collecting 1,100 lbs of food for the food drive. They collected the second highest amount of food, which made up for almost half of what the state collected altogether.
Below are the official rankings of students from the Blaine chapter at CDC:
- Thomas – 9th in Marketing; 9th in Business-to-Business Marketing
- Faamati – 8th in Sales Manager Meeting
- Jennifer – 9th in Sales Manager Meeting
- Josh – 6th in Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Jason – 6th in Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Breanne – 9th in Business-to-Business Marketing; 4th in Human Resources; and 1st in Entrepreneurship (received $300 to compete in the event at ICDC)
At the end of the Grand Award Session, the new State Officer Team for the 2012-2013 school year was announced. Thomas was elected as the Metro North and West Regional Vice President.
“We are excited to attend the ICDC,” says Breanne. “There are a lot of fun things planned for us while we are there. Sending six members this year is doubling what we sent last year to Orlando.”