MSB-Moorhead Celebrates With Area Families At Habitat For Humanity Home Dedication Ceremony

Posted by on February 28, 2012

Information Technology Program Chair Britt McAlister at the Habitat for Humanity home back In October.

Staff members from the Minnesota School of Business in Moorhead helped two families celebrate brand new homes courtesy of the Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity. The Brackins and Melvin families each received keys to their new homes. It took many months to finish the Duplex in West Fargo. Twelve employees of the MSB-Moorhead campus spent an entire dry walling the two homes back in October. Those who worked on the build finally got the opportunity to see the finished product and were excited by the results.

The Brackins family standing in the living room of their new home.

“It’s so cool to know we played a part in getting these homes ready,” said Medical Assisting Chair Meghan Pesch. “It’s amazing how different everything looks since we were.”

The campus staff members also delivered house-warming baskets to the families during the celebration and had a chance to chat with the new home owners.

“I’ve been wanting to own my own home for so long,” said home recipient, Tonette Brackins. “To see my kids so excited is a feeling I can’t find words for, but I am definitely thankful, very thankful.”