Dr. Stacie Seymour, DVM, returned from the Minnesota Association of Veterinary Technicians (MAVT) conference fired up! Not only did she get to network with other professionals in the field, but she learned of a $cholarship opportunity for veterinary technician students. (http://www.mavt.net/)
The scholarship topic this year is: “How do you feel about taking the Veterinary Technician National Exam? What does the VTNE mean to you?” First place award is $1000,
second is $500. Entries must be received no later than March 31, 2012.
Darcy Mattson, CVT, gave Dr. Stacie the inside scoop. “There are few applicants this year. The odds are good!”
What does this mean for MSB-Shakopee VT students? Time to apply. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
To qualify, students must:
- be a student member of MAVT (https://www.mavt.net/join/info)
- be currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited program
- be in their second year of their Veterinary Technology program
- have a GPA of 3.5 or higher and be a student n good standing
- essays must be 500 words in length
- your submission letter must note which school you are attending as well as any student professional organization or volunteer positions held
- submit entries via email in attached form to Darcy Mattson, CVT, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- entries must be received no later than March 31, 2012.