To reward students for community service and continued enrollment, each Globe University and Minnesota School of Business location offers eight community service scholarships each year, awarding up to two scholarships eachquarter to qualifying applicants. Contact us to learn more.
Eligibility criteria for Community Service Scholarship
The scholarship provides tuition assistance of $2000 annually to selected students based
on the following criteria:
An applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a diploma, associate or bachelor degree program
- Be a continuing student by having completed at least one term at Globe University or Minnesota School of Business
- Not be in arrears with financial aid or have an outstanding balance with Globe
University/Minnesota School of Business
- Maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Meet and maintain a 90% attendance ratio of required contact hours
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 11 credits per term
- Provide, as a scholarship application, a minimum of a one-half page written summary of community service activity performed within the prior three months
- Agree to let Globe University or Minnesota School of Business promote the student’s community service involvement
- The award will be forfeited if attendance is discontinued or interrupted.
- A student will receive a maximum of one community service scholarship per year.
- Awards amounts are designated for tuition only and are divided in ¼ increments, unless the student is enrolled in a three-quarter program, when the award will be awarded in 1/3 increments.
Selection criteria for Community Service Scholarship
A Globe University/Minnesota School of Business scholarship committee will select scholarship recipients based on:
- The applicants meeting all eligibility guidelines (see above)
- Applicants performing community service activities that benefit the community and support education
- Date of application. Applications being received by the end of week eight of quarter will be considered for the scholarship beginning the following quarter
See your Financial Aid representative (Katie or Karen) for more information!