Staff Spotlight: Laura Fourniea

Posted by on December 5, 2011

Staff Name: Laura Fourniea

Title: Director of Financial Aid

How long have you been working for Minnesota School of Business? 11 years

What did you do before working at MSB? I worked in collections; at one point I even collected for the Department of Education.

What do you find most rewarding about your job? The opportunity to help students and to help develop my staff.

What is your role with students on campus? My role is mostly behind the scenes; managing the department & the actual financial aid funds.

How do you define success? Making a positive impact on others; achieving personal and business goals; doing the right things for the right reasons (integrity); having peace of mind, a positive self-image, and being happy with the direction your  life is in.

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? My family comes first! We love to travel, and take many road trips together. I enjoy 4-wheeling, and have my own ATV. I also enjoy comedy clubs.

What/who is your inspiration? My kids – I want to lead by example to teach them work ethic, honesty, loyalty, integrity; my husband – to treat him as I want to be treated; my friends, parents, and siblings.

If you were on a sitcom or reality TV show, which would it be and why? Everybody loves Raymond or King of Queens (if only they had kids), because the family life situations are so closely relatable to my own household.

What is your favorite movie? I don’t have a specific one, but in general, any “feel-good” movie or comedy.

What is your favorite type of music? I love music! Country, Classic rock, Disco, new age (KS95) etc. Music always makes me feel good.

Where can you be found on campus? In the second office on the left when you enter the main lobby doors.