Staff Spotlight: Jessica Perez

Posted by on October 3, 2011

Staff Name: Jessica Perez

Title: Financial Aid Administrator

How long have you been working for Minnesota School of Business? Since May 19, 2009.

What did you do before working at MSB? I was a credit analyst at a small bank and was laid off due to the economy.

What do you find most rewarding about your job? I love exploring the financial aid options with students who thought they could not afford to go to school and making it possible for them to continue their education.

What is your role with students on campus? I help them to find financial aid options so they can go to school without paying out of pocket if they do not want to.

How do you define success? Success is how you feel when you have achieved a goal of yours.

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? I enjoy hanging out with my husband, Joe, and my children. I have a 7 year old daughter, Mallery, a 2 year old daughter, Chloe, and a 1 year old son, Logan. I also have an 8 year old step-daughter, Melah, who lives in Grand Forks with her mom.

What/who is your inspiration? My family is my inspiration. Without my family I would be lost.

If you were on a sitcom or reality TV show, which would it be and why? I would definitely be on The Amazing Race. It would be awesome to travel the world like that! And win money!!

What is your favorite movie? Monty Python and the Holy Grail

What is your favorite type of music? I will pretty much listen to anything that they play on KDWB

Where can you be found on campus? In cube land!