Faculty Spotlight-James Moore

Posted by on September 15, 2011

What did you do for work before you came to MSB? Taught in the Geology Dept. at the University of St. Thomas as an adjunct professor

Do you have any pets? If so, what do you have and what are their names? No pets (not home enough) but would like to have an American Eskimo dog

Vikings or Packers?  VIKINGS of course!

What was the worst job you have ever had and why? What is one thing you were able to learn from said job that you still keep in mind today? Crushing rocks at the U.S. Bureau of Mines in Minneapolis. I learned that you have to start at the bottom and work your way up the ladder (I was training to become a Geologist).

What’s your favorite book? How many times have you read it? O Pioneers! By Willa Cather; I have read it 5 times.

What is your most memorable encounter with a criminal? Calling the police when I encountered a guy breaking into a house on my street.

Who would win in a fight between you and Bruce? If he was able to catch me, Bruce would win. However, I am too quick for him.

Any tips for being safe on campus? Yes, don’t come to campus (just kidding). If you leave the building late at night, have someone walk you to your vehicle.

Where did you go for your last vacation?

My favorite spot: North Shore of Lake Superior (Two Harbors, MN)