Student Success Story

Posted by on August 23, 2011

Imagine waking up each morning with barely enough energy to drag yourself out of bed and then going through your entire day with a feeling of emptiness and a consistent thought that there was nothing left for you in life. 

For many people, this situation and feeling is hard to imagine; however, when something traumatic happens in a person’s life it can throw them for a loop and into a state of depression that is hard to get out of. 

For Minnesota School of Business student, Pam Mendenhall, this feeling is all too familiar. 

“For over 5 months, I dragged myself out of bed to try have my life go on,” said Pam.  “After a while I felt there was nothing left in my life to do; I was empty.”

Then one day, Pam said she picked herself up and started looking for something to give meaning to her life again.  She stumbled upon Minnesota School of Business.

“It was the perfect situation—my parents lived 5 miles away from MSB, I could live rent free, go to school and not have the other pressures of life weighing on me,” said Pam.

It has been almost a year since Pam made a decision to find new meaning to life.  She is thriving as a student at Minnesota School of Business and involved in many campus events. 

“Today, I am excited to be in school.  MSB has been my savior and I don’t think any other school could have helped pull me out of my depression,” said Pam.  “Life goes on.”