Welcome to the Early Fall Quarter
Ann Mickelson, Lakeville Campus Director
Congratulations to all of you on the start of the Early Fall Quarter and I wish you all great success as you work toward graduation!
I want to encourage each of you to get off to a good start, attending and actively participating in each of your courses from day one. Take advantage of this time to introduce yourself to your instructors, staff and classmates and be fully present. Remember that students, who attend each scheduled class period throughout the quarter, earn perfect attendance, which awards you a discount on your books and school store merchandise for the next consecutive quarter.
The campus is filled with people who are very excited about supporting you in reaching your career goals. Our administrative staff wear name tags so that you can identify us and we love to be stopped in the hall or visited in our offices with questions, ideas and concerns. We have free coffee in the lobby for all students every day and we love to see students stopping by! You are the reason we are here!
In addition to our highly qualified faculty and staff, we have a variety of onsite and electronic resources available to you including:
- Student E-mail – Stay informed via important e-mails from your instructors and staff. Check your school email account weekly.
- Student Portal – Check out your schedule, view your final grades, see your attendance records, pay bills, view the details of your student account.
- Residential Library – Jeremy Quinn is our full time librarian. Make the library a frequent spot to visit for studying, relaxing, reading.
- Virtual Library –We have an amazing array of electronic resources and Jeremy will be excited to show you how to use them in your research.
- Study Carrels– Throughout both buildings, we have study carrels available for students to use.
- Student Lounge– Make yourself comfortable in our student lounges. Stop in to watch the Twins or other programming on our flat screen TV!
- Peer Tutoring – We have a peer tutoring program available to all students. If you would like to work with someone, see the education department.
- Smarthinking – Live Online tutoring services are offered 24/7 across a wide range of subjects
- Helpdesk – Get technical assistance from our support staff when you need it
As always if you have questions on any of these resources or if you need additional assistance accessing them, please feel free to stop by the lobby, contact your instructor or any member of our Education Team highlighted on the left hand side of this page. Congratulations again and good luck with your studies!