Signature Event Receives Heartfelt Support

Global Citizenship students coordinate activities at the Go Red for Women luncheon 

Twenty Minnesota School of Business-Rochester students volunteered at the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women luncheon to help raise heart disease awareness and reduce heart-related deaths.

The service-learning project involved coordinating many of the luncheon’s activities. Students assembled and disassembled equipment, tables, chairs and displays; marked silent auction items; and escorted attendees to their tables.

Sara Shaw, director of corporate events for the American Heart Association, praised the students’ efforts. “It was great working with Minnesota School of Business students,” Shaw said. “They were eager to learn about the mission of the American Heart Association and helped in being key volunteers at our signature event.”

Student Jenny Malecha gained a deeper appreciation for community involvement. “I was surprised by the feeling of connection I gained from becoming active as a contributing member within my community,” Malecha said. “I plan on continuing my personal mission by becoming an ambassador for the Go Red for Women event.”

The Go Red for Women luncheon took place at the Kahler Grand Hotel and involved nearly 370 attendees.