Placement Rate Calculation Information
All placement rates utilized in the disclosures provided on the Globe University & Minnesota School of Business website are calculated in accordance with the requirements of the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). For a full explanation of the ACICS placement definition and placement rate formula, please visit: http://www.acics.org/accreditation/content.aspx?id=6425
ACICS applies the following Definition of Placement to outcomes reported by member institutions: Placement is working in a field of study or acquiring a credential that directly benefits the graduate’s existing employment.
Placement categories include:
- Placed based upon job titles: Any graduate or completer of a program that was placed based upon job titles included in the list of job titles published by the institution for which the program prepares students. These job titles must be those published by the institution on its web site in compliance with USDOE Title IV regulations and must be identified in the Department’s CIP-to-SOC Crosswalk (Standard Occupational Classification, U.S. Department of Labor) with the Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code of this program.
- Placed based upon the required use of skills: Any graduate or completer of a program that was placed based upon the required use of skills learned in the student’s program as a predominant component of the job. These skills must be those listed in the institution’s published program description and a majority of these skills must be documented in the employer’s job description as required or desired skills, duties or responsibilities.
- Placed based upon the benefit of the training: Any graduate or completer of a program that was placed based upon the benefit of the training received from the program in maintaining a current position with supporting promotion, pay raise, or direct benefit to job related skills.
ACICS calculates placement rates as follows:
(Placed by job title + Placed by skills + Placed by benefit of training)
((Completers + Graduates) – (Exemptions*))
*The following groups are excluded from the placement rate calculation based on the documented occurrence of any of the following during the applicable reporting period:
- Pregnancy, death or other health-related issues
- Continuing education
- Military service
- Visa restrictions
- Enrollment in an English as a Second Language (ESL) program
For a full list of placement rate exclusions by category, for the placement rate provided in each Globe University & Minnesota School of Business Gainful Employment program disclosure, please click on one of the following links: