Service and Applied Learning
At Globe University/Minnesota School of Business, you’ll experience service-learning as a core component of your education. We believe this will prepare you to become a responsible citizen, ready to contribute to your community.
So what does service-learning mean?
We define service learning as “learning by doing through an act of giving.” Service-learning is a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility and strengthen communities. Visit our blogs to read some of our success stories.
As a student, you’ll work with various community partners on projects related to your course topics. Benefits you will experience include the following:
- Opportunities to apply course concepts to real-world institutions
- Networking with businesses, non-profit and professional organizations, and local governments
- A variety of hands-on learning experiences
- An enhanced sense of community involvement as you give back to your community
Community partners, different backgrounds
Through service-learning, our students can help you with projects like these:
For the business owner or manager
- Develop an internet marketing plan to increase your business’s online presence.
- Conduct interviews to help you learn more about your customers.
- Develop a survey or conduct a study to gain insight about your industry.
For the non-profit or professional organization
- Organize a clothing or food drive, or fundraiser.
- Restore a public space such as a park, trail or wetland.
- Work with children and elders.
For a local or state agency
- Create an advocacy campaign for a social or environmental issue.
- Research a public policy issue and make recommendations.
- Develop a communication program to promote cultural diversity. Develop communication programs to promote cultural diversity
Contact our service-learning center
Get started with a service-learning project today—contact a campus near you to get started!